Thursday 28 August 2014

3 days...

Well it is 3 days to go till I begin the Buserelin injections! I cannot quite get my head around the fact that it already begins this week! On one hand it feels as though we have had a 6 month break rather than 3 months but on the other hand it feels as though it has come round so fast! 

So this is a rough outline of what the Buserelin will be doing. Firstly as I said I am now doing the long protocol instead of the short. This is something new to me so part of me will be nervous when I take Buserelin on Sunday night. This first stage of the cycle is called down-regulation. The Buserelin will be 'switching off' the ovaries this will stop everything from working. I will then have a scan at Nottingham to confirm down-regulation. Once this is confirmed I can start stimming with the Menopur (growing those little eggs!!) 

So bring on Sunday! I am all prepared for menopausal-like side effects from the Buserelin (I feel sorry for Jay!) Lets get this cycle rolling! 



No comments:

Post a Comment