Wednesday 24 July 2013

Next stage..

Today we had our phone call from Genesis Genetics in America. We had to give over our family history and discuss the genetic testing procedure. They are going to send out cheek swabs for us within the next couple of days in order to have our DNA. This will be from me, Jay and my mother. My father already has stored DNA which will be used. 

Once the cheek swabs have been received by Genesis Genetics they will begin to build a PGD test for us this may take up to 16 weeks. However we were told that the average PGD test takes about 12 weeks. After they have finished we can then begin IVF treatment.  

So the IVF may not begin until about October. In the meantime I am going to continue trying to build myself up in strength and keep myself busy also! 


No comments:

Post a Comment