Tuesday 18 March 2014

Review Appointment...

Today we went for our review appointment at Nottingham! It was so lovely to see Dr Maruthini and to have a good chat about everything. 

Dr Maruthini was very happy with how the first cycle of treatment went however it did take me quite a bit longer to stimulate than expected. So she has decided to change the plan for the 2nd cycle of treatment. During the first cycle of treatment I was on the Short Protocol which lasts for approximately 4 weeks. With the Short Protocol you only have the stimulation phase. However this time Dr Maruthini wants to try the Long Protocol which lasts approximately 6 weeks this has two stages the down-regulating stage and the stimulating stage. She hopes that in choosing this protocol I will produce more eggs, perhaps between 10-15, as I will be on the drugs longer. She has also said that she will be starting me off on 225IU of Menopur from the very beginning as that seemed to be the best amount for me. 

Dr Maruthini was very confident that this second cycle will work out better simply because they know my body better now and what works best for me. So we then discussed when we are looking at starting the second cycle and it appears that May will be month! They have to apply for funding for our cycle within the next few weeks and once that is done they are all ready to go for us!  

We are both very blessed to be on this journey and we thank God for all He has done for us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment