Monday 29 September 2014

First scan...

Today we went for our first scan since starting the Menopur. I was completely surprised by the results of the scan. I have been taking 150IU of Menopur and tonight is day 7. In the first cycle when I was on the lower dosages of Menopur the egg follicles were between 4mm- 5mm. This was what I expected to see today and was blown away when the nurse read out 6mm, 7mm, 9mm, 10.5mm! I had roughly 8 or 9 egg follicles of larger sizes and plenty of smaller ones that could be available too. I then had a blood test to check my hormone levels.

This afternoon I received a phone call from the nurse with the next step. My Menopur is now being increased to 225IU from tonight and my next scan is on Wednesday at 10.30am. So it looks like I'll be having my egg collection a lot sooner than I thought! 

So far I have had 35 injections and one blood test! After tonight's injections that will be 37! 

No comments:

Post a Comment