Saturday 25 January 2014

First Scan...

Today was our very first scan of the IVF cycle. We had an early start, left here at 8.15am and got on the road to Nottingham. This time we thankfully arrived early and without getting lost! 

Appointment was at 10.00am. Firstly I had a blood test to check my hormone levels and also to check for signs of Ovarian Hyperstimulation syndrome. Then there was a bit of a long wait for my scan as there was a lot of couples in the waiting room today! Finally we got called around 10.15am and this time Jay came in to see the scan (he missed the first one as he was off giving his sperm sample!) Turned out things are going well, I already have some egg follicles growing and they are very happy with my progress. We were then told to wait for a phone call this afternoon in which we would find out our next scan and whether anything needs to be changed...

And we just received that phone call! My Menopur medication is now being increased to 150 IU from today (so that is exactly 2 ampoules of Menopur) and my next scan is Monday at 11.00am. Tonight I also begin the Cetrotide, which is used to prevent me from ovulating (losing eggs haha!) I can happily say that if I ever did have a fear of needles (which luckily I didn't) I definitely do not now!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment