Wednesday 29 January 2014

Third Scan...

Today we went for our third scan at Nottingham. Happily I didn't need a blood test just a scan. Sizes of follicles are slowly increasing but not quite there yet. We had however ran out of Menopur yesterday so the nurse wrote us a prescription for 6 more ampoules of Menopur. We were then told to go to the Pharmacy round the corner to collect the medicine. 

So as we were leaving the clinic Jay pulled his glasses out of his pocket and they snapped almost in half!! I burst out laughing as it was typical that this should occur right before Jay needed to drive home on the M1! So we drove to the Pharmacy and there was a Wilkinsons right next door and Jay decided to go and buy some superglue while I was waiting in the Pharmacy! As I picked up my Menopur I was shocked to see that the total cost was £108.20 (of course we were not paying that as we are on the NHS) for only 6 ampoules! It certainly made me feel even more lucky that we have been given this opportunity. 

Jay did superglue his glasses back together (I have no idea how he did it!) and we got back on the M1 home. Both of us are starting to feel a little weary now with the continuous trips back and forth to Nottingham but I keep telling myself that it is all so worth it in the end. We then had a phone call in the afternoon from the nurse saying that we have another scan booked for Friday at 10.30am and my medication is staying the same. I intend to have a good rest tomorrow and hopefully I will feel a bit stronger then! 

No comments:

Post a Comment