Friday 7 February 2014

Egg Collection...

Today was the day of my egg collection!!! Yesterday Jay and I travelled up to Nottingham to stay in a hotel overnight as I had to be at CARE Fertility for 7.30am. We arrived at CARE at 7.20am and nervously took our seats in the empty waiting room. At nearly 8.00am we were called into a ward area in the clinic and were given a room in which I had to get changed and put a hospital gown on and lots of questions were asked before they proceeded. Jay was sent off to do his sperm sample while I was taken down to theatre.

An anesthetist inserted a cannula into the back of my hand and although I was only being sedated, next thing I knew I was fast asleep! I was woke up by a nurse who was taking my blood pressure. I had totally slept throughout the whole thing! Jay was called to the room and I was left to rest for a while until the nurse felt happy for me to get up and get changed. 

We then had a visit from the embryologist who explained what is going to happen next. 6 eggs were collected which is a good number (I wish it had been more but we did well) and those eggs will be fertilised this afternoon. We will get regular updates every day on how the eggs are doing but then the big thing is on day 3 when the eggs which are grown enough will be tested for Huntington's disease...Now is the wait... I feel more nervous about this part than any other...


No comments:

Post a Comment