Thursday 9 October 2014

Egg Collection...

Off we went today at 6.00am for our egg collection! We woke up at 5.30am and got on the road. Arrived at Nottingham at 7.25am with 5 minutes to go! Today there was a great sense of peace resting on me (must be all them prayers!) 

We were called in to prepare for theatre and I felt perfectly calm. I dressed in my gown, fluffy socks and clogs. Filled in the form and had my blood pressure taken. I also asked for an anti-sickness drug this time that I hope will work! 

The anesthetist came in and spoke with us double-checking everything. Then before I knew where I was a nurse came to fetch me for theatre. So I walked down, what always seems like, a very long corridor to the room! I laid on the bed and the anesthetist began tapping my hand for my cannula. He attempted to insert the cannula but unfortunately my veins were too small so he tried the other hand. The cannula finally went in and before I knew it the drugs had been administered and I was out. 

This time however I did not wake up in the recovery room but began feeling a lot pain. I was vaguely aware of it until gradually I became more and more conscious of this horrific pain. I had woken up in theatre! Within a few more minutes I was wheeled into the recovery room and the nurse started to explain what had happened. Unfortunately I had bled and it was gushing so the Doctor was going to put stitches in. However he decided instead to put a pack inside and that explained why I felt such immense pressure down below. 

I was wheeled into the next room and they fetched Jason. Upon arriving the nurse told us that we have 8 eggs collected. Then the nurse said I had to remain lying down until the Doctor was ready to remove the pack. I was lying on the bed for 2 hours and the pack felt extremely uncomfortable. Though it was doing it's job! 

By 11am the doctor came back to remove the pack which was painful but then the pressure was released. I had to remain lying down for another half hour and then the nurse helped me to get up. I was checked several times that I had stopped bleeding and finally given the go ahead to get back home. 

We eventually got on the road at 1.00pm ish and got home at nearly 2.00pm. By this time I was feeling extremely queasy and nauseous as I had gone with only a ginger biscuit and a cracker for all that time. So my dinner was a plate of oven chips which really made me feel better! I still have to be careful with my stomach so plain food is the best. 

So after an extremely eventful day I am now under strict orders for complete rest and we will have regular phone calls daily to update us on the progress. Tomorrow we will know how many eggs fertilised. Keep our little babies in your prayers! 




No comments:

Post a Comment