Friday 3 October 2014

Third Scan...

Today we went for our third scan at Nottingham. After two nights of 300IU of Menopur I thought perhaps this would be the last scan and had been psyching myself up for the egg collection. So after looking at my ovaries on my left ovary I have 11 follicles ranging from 9mm the smallest to 13mm the biggest and on my right ovary I have less follicles but bigger ones at 16mm. I was feeling a little disappointed when I left because I was convinced that today would be my last scan. However it is only day 11 since I started the Menopur and on my previous two cycles it took me 16 days on the first cycle and 14 days on the second cycle. 

So another scan was booked for Monday at 10.30am and I will continue taking 300IU of Menopur over the weekend. I am thankful for the all the eggs I have, I just began to feel a bit weary. Then I came across this Bible verse in the book I'm reading:
'And let us not lose heart and grow weary and faint in acting nobly and doing right, for in due time and at the appointed season we shall reap, if we do not loosen and relax our courage and faint' ~Galatians 6:9

This has greatly strengthened me and the love and support from friends and family has been amazing! 







No comments:

Post a Comment